Thursday, February 19, 2009

13 weeks

I forgot to update last week. Oops.

Updates-

*I am feeling better! Thank goodness. I am still taking Zofran, but only a half tablet in the morning and that's it. Two days ago, I tried to skip it, but I started feeling sick so I hurried and took one. I cannot believe how much that stuff helps. I am hoping that I won't have to refill it and will be able to stop taking it in another week or so.
*I have been able to drink a cup or two of coffee here and there. It's tasting good again and I think it has stopped giving me heartburn/acid/indigestion. I am still sticking with herbal tea in the morning though.
*Food sounds good, but nothing really in particular. Grapefruit always sounds good, but it did before I was pregnant. Does that count as a craving? Burger King (I know, yuck) has sounded good several times and then I pay for it afterwards. I think I will be staying away from Whoppers for a while. It's just not worth it.
*I am starting to look a little different. My pants still fit, but my belly is starting to stick out just a touch. I NEED to take a picture for here and for memories sake.
*I have been listening to the heartbeat still with the dopplar. I love listening to that fast swooshing sound. Nothing better.
*If you ask Reyna, she still says she wants a sister. I don't think she truly knows what she is talking about, but it's fun to listen to her.
*I am going in Monday for my routine checkup. I HOPE I have gained some weight by that point.
*Tuesday, I am having a *bonus* ultrasound. I cannot wait. It was supposed to be last week, but my mom had to attend a funeral, so I rescheduled it so she could go. It's going to be super super hard not having Jade there (although he would love to, it's not our "official" ultrasound and he's working an hour away right now) and not asking the possible sex of the baby! Ahhhh. Self control, right?!
*This Saturday, I will officially be into my Second Trimester. Wow.

**********

Your pregnancy: 13 weeks
See the big picture
How your baby's growing:Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head — which makes up just a third of her body size now. If you're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Your baby is almost 3 inches long (the size of a medium shrimp) and weighs nearly an ounce.See what your baby looks like this week.Note: Every baby develops a little differently — even in the womb. Our information is designed to give you a general idea of your baby's development.
How your life's changing:This is the last week of your first trimester, and your risk of miscarriage is now much lower than earlier in pregnancy. Next week marks the beginning of your second trimester, a time of relative comfort for many women who see early pregnancy symptoms such as morning sickness and fatigue subside. More good news: Many couples also notice a distinct libido lift around this time. Birth is still months away, but your breasts may have already started making colostrum, the nutrient-rich fluid that feeds your baby for the first few days after birth, before your milk starts to flow.

3 comments:

  1. So you aren't finding out the sex?? ahhh,, I dont know how u can do that! especially with him not at this ultrasound. good luck! and maybe they just wont be able to see yet on this beano. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be taking your belly shot for you on saturday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad you are feeling better - gotta love the second trimester!

    ReplyDelete