Tuesday, July 28, 2009

36ish weeks

Went for my regular checkup today. I will start every week now. I am officially in the homestretch. A little scary, right? I don't know why, but I left the doctor a little bummed today. Maybe I am just ready to have this baby. I wanted Dr. P. to be like, "oohhh...you aren't going to be preggo much longer or you are dialted to a ____." Nope. Nothing of that sort. It's my hormones. I left there with a, "see you next week." :)

-I have officially gained 40 freaking pounds! Hello double chin. That is all I have to say.
-Heartbeat was in the 140's.
-I was checked for Group Strep B. The results will be back next week.
-Head is down and in position.
-Dr. P. estimated the baby was about 6 pounds right now.
-Although I am a little over 36 weeks, he measured me at 37 weeks.
-He went over all the details about when to head to labor and delivery. Instead of 5 minute apart contractions, it's gone to 7 for second time around labor.

I don't want to rush this baby here, but I am starting to feel miserable. My feet are swelling, my maternity clothes are starting to fit snug, I feel like I am carrying around a TON of weight and I am exhausted. On the other hand, I don't want to complain and rush the last couple of weeks because labor and another child around here, scare the shit out of me, too. :)

That's it for now.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Bounty!

    Yes, I feel pretty much prepared. I guess as prepared as you can be. :) I have a bag packed and now, we are just playing the waiting game.

    We do have names picked out, but we are kind of keeping them quiet until the baby is here.

    Thanks for the comment! :)Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Les. Just keep thinking about the last growth spurt for that little one. Try and take it slower the last month and conserve your energy.
    Love you soooo much
    Granna

    ReplyDelete
  3. won't be much longer! it might feel like light years away, but you're in the home stretch...yey! i'm so excited to be prego again, but yes, the thought of two kids in the house is a little scary! lol!

    take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited for you! Its KILLING me to know what you are having!!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh man- I am not even close to where you're at and I'm already miserable!! haha... when I was 24 weeks preggo with Maeve I was feeling fabulous- this time around I am just gigantic and tired ALL THE TIME- probably from chasing maeve around? Anyways hang in there- you are SO CLOSE to being done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember having all the same feelings...the last few weeks of pregnancy are so bittersweet! Just think of how exciting it's going to be meeting your little lady or little man...it's so awesome that you and Jade have waited (I would have caved)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It seems like I was just writing this and here it has been almost a year! Hang in there...you are just about done. Enjoy your last few days/weeks, etc. with Reyna while she is an only child. They are priceless.

    ReplyDelete